Cost Saving Solution - Office Station (OfficeStation)
One PC for multiple users!!!
What is Multi User Network Computing Terminal (or called " Office Station "
This is the world's first terminal unit that does not require a CPU, hard-drive, or CD-ROM yet executes as if it's an ordinary Windows PC. With this technology, it allows you to expand your existing PC up to 10 network PC terminals easily and cost effectively. (or 30 for Server OS)
Click here for more information. (Office Station Brochure)
How does it work?
Because your existing PC is being under utilized (today's Pentium 4 is faster than a supercomputer in 15 years ago) each UTMA-ready device (we called "Wireless OfficeStation" or "PC Expanion") is programmed to access the host PC's excess computing power. By utilizing Windows XP/2000's multi-user feature with UTMA technology from NComputing, each terminal can operate like a separate PC desktop without decreasing the overall performance of either the host PC or each terminal. Therefore, each terminal unit can run any applications from the host PC independently and securely. Using standard Ethernet connection, user can setup wireless connection (Wireless Client Devices required), too. Unlike traditional based thin-client terminal, NComputing's NCT terminal server program for Host PC is running not only on the Windows Server OS (2000/2003) but also on any XP Home, XP Professional or Windows 2000 Professional operating system, too.
1. Cost effective wireless network solution: Connect up to 10 Office Stations
(OfficeStations) per host PC at fraction of the cost versus deployment of traditional PC desktop. Simply replace old Windows desktop and plug OfficeStation to upgrade existing computing environment.
2. Field application usage: Can be used in office, training center, call center, factory, school, and cyber cafe or government field.
3. Compatibility: Runs any* Windows applications, internet browsing, games, instant messenger, email, etc.
4. Security: Complete security via encryption and password protection. With no FDD/CD Drive port, administrator can control its data-out.
5. Performance: High speed proprietary WoIP (Windows over IP) protocol which allows connections up to 1024x768x16 bit color depth with multimedia features allows up to 10 OfficeStation to function simultaneously. It also support 16 bit audio through Speaker out jack.
6. Simple to manage: Only host PC needs any maintenance or program changes. Individual Office Station
(OfficeStation) never needs any scheduled maintenance or hardware upgrades. By upgrading one PC, all network computing capability is instantly increased with no additional software installation for others.
*Some restrictions applied such as 3D game and old legacy apps
All NComputing products are compatible with following Operating Systems :